Despite law mandating auto insurance coverage, many individuals drive without insurance.   Many drivers may have coverage, but not in an amount sufficient to compensate you should you sustain injuries in a crash. And unfortunately, hit and run accidents do occur, making it impossible to determine the identity of the driver at fault.  In all of the situations described above, your underinsured or uninsured coverage may be available to compensate you. 

If you were injured by an uninsured motorist or an underinsured motorist, you may need to file a claim with your own insurance company. Your policy will essentially take the place of the insurance the uninsured or underinsured driver should have had.  However, even though you may have an underinsured or uninsured motorist claim, your insurer is unlikely to voluntarily pay the full amount you should receive for damages caused. Often, insurance companies may deny valid claims or unnecessarily delay the payment of valid claims. 

If you have sustained injuries in an accident caused by an uninsured motorist or an underinsured driver, you may have questions about how to pay your medical bills and cover other expenses. You may have options for pursuing compensation.   Auto insurances companies will often do anything to reduce your final settlement or deny your claim.   Having a lawyer on your side will help you obtain the compensation you are owed.  If you have questions or feel that you need representation, contact Marsalka Law.

DISCLAIMER: This site and any information contained herein are intended as ADVERTISING MATERIAL and should not be construed as legal advice.

* The email will not be published on the website.